Bathing 24-year-old woman dies after iPhone falls into water

A 24-year-old Russian woman was electrocuted when her charging iPhone fell into the water as she was taking a bath, according to a report.

Olesya Semenova’s lifeless body was found by her roommate in their apartment in Arkhangelsk, East2West News reported.

“I screamed, shook her, but she was pale, did not breathe and showed no signs of life,” Daria told the emergency operator. “I was really scared. When I touched her, I got an electric shock.”

She added that she found Semenova’s iPhone 8 in the water – still charging.

Paramedics confirmed that Semenova — who worked in a clothes store — had died when the phone fell into the tub while plugged to an outlet.

“The tragedy once again reminds us that water and an electrical appliance connected to the mains are incompatible,” the Russian emergencies ministry said in a warning after the incident, the latest of a number of such fatalities in the country.

“The same applies to any mobile device. If you drown a smartphone, the worst thing is its failure,” it added. “But when it is connected to the network, we see what the consequences are.”

In August, a 15-year-old schoolgirl identified as Anna K died in Moscow after suffering an electric shock in her bath.

Last year, renowned poker star Liliya Novikova also was electrocuted in her bathroom.

Read More:Bathing 24-year-old woman dies after iPhone falls into water